Learning Support Mentor
- Post Date:27/11/2020
- Views 35
Job Title: Learning Support Mentor
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, ST6 & ST3
Rate of pay: from £9 per hour DOE
Social Care & Education are looking for hard-working and dedicated staff to join support or client’s day services based in Stoke-On-Trent.
This is a unique environment and working area, no two days are the same.
Our client’s services is an ambitious and innovative school provision which will meet the needs of some of the most vulnerable groups of learners within the Stoke Local Authority area. As a Support Learning Mentor your goal is to help the children to achieve the best possible outcomes from their time at the school.
Providing education at Key Stages 3 & 4 across two sites in Stoke to young people with a range of needs that mainstream cannot accommodate.
Your key role and responsibilities will be to support the delivery of an agreed programme of educational and vocational courses to children and young people at Key Stages 3 and 4 under the guidance of the Regional Manager. Working with young people in groups and on a 1:1 basis, you will support them with all their educational, behavioural, and pastoral needs to help them reach their full potential.
As a Learning Support Mentor, we would like it if you had:
- At least 1-2 years relevant pastoral, education or SEND experience in working with children and young people
- A good standard of education to at least GCSE Grade C or equivalent in English and Maths
- Exceptional communication skills at all levels, both oral and written
- Competent IT skills
- Positivity, resilience, enthusiasm, creativity, friendliness and empathy are all key qualities you must possess
- Must be self-motivated and engaging
- Passionate about education
- Awareness of safeguarding practices
- Good local knowledge
- Full UK Driving Licence
Even though its not essential, we would love it you had:
- ESOL Qualifications
- Current First Aid certificate
- Current enhanced DBS certificate
Interested in joining? Apply today!